Our client in Santa Monica is an early stage, well funded ($2.5m) startup led by experienced founders. The CTO has been a client previously. Culturally speaking, the environment is a proper balance of intelligence and nice, down-to-earth people. This is your opportunity to be a part of an elite team building the brain behind commerce automation. As a key member of the team you will be giving small businesses access to the same incredible technologies that are changing the way Amazon, Walmart and other big brands drive people to make purchases.
The main founder is a successful fintech pioneer with several prior exits and excellent connections with premier venture capital firms.
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented full-stack engineer who wants to get in on the ground floor and
jumpstart the development of a new software platform.
You have been itching to put your incredible knowledge of the latest and greatest tools and
techniques to work. This is your chance to do it on a company that is already achieving
significant month-over-month customer growth and is ready to start building the technology that will take the company into the future.
Currently it's a very lean shop, but the company is expanding quickly. We need someone who
wants to take on both the responsibility of architecting and building a codebase along with
mentoring and working alongside new developers as they come on board.
The ideal candidate has experience with the best tools and techniques used to build a modern
scalable software stack and an unwavering commitment to producing high quality, reusable and testable code.
● 6+ years software development experience
● 3+ years software architecture experience
● 2+ years team leadership experience
● Expert in modern development tools and techniques (Git, Agile, etc)
● Experience with cloud infrastructure and APIs (AWS, Google Cloud, etc).
● Experience with both SQL and NoSQL design patterns and anti-patterns
● Experience with automated deployment and testing tools
● BS in Computer Science is helpful, but not in lieu of legitimate skills and fundamentals
What You'll Get in Return:
● Meaningful equity in early-stage startup
● Competitive salary
● Flexible vacation policy
● Great office space in Downtown Santa Monica