Our client in Orange County has been an ongoing relationship with the firm for almost a decade. We've placed many happy, down to earth, well educated and highly technical people here. The culture is very friendly and collaborative. Though everyone takes their job very seriously, and the products are meaningful, they keep a strong sense of humor. They've consistently been rated a "best place to work", offering strong compensation/growth/benefits/perks.
What You Will Do
- Be a quality-focused engineer who implements and evangelizes quality mechanisms, mindset, and thought leadership throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Work closely with developers, stakeholders, and product managers to evaluate, analyze, and verify functional, security, and performance, and system requirements.
- Define test methods, strategies, and plans to ensure that the software will perform accurately and reliably according to documented requirements.
- Evaluate and communicate tradeoffs in quality mechanisms and overall potential impact to the customer.
- Be funny. You didn't expect that, did you! We like people with a sense of humor, who don't take themselves more seriously than they should.
- Actively participate in code and design reviews with developers and product management to identify risks, mitigations, and potential impacts to quality.
- Partner with the developers to ensure that development estimates are inclusive of quality mechanisms.
- Be a quality evangelist to quality thought leadership to the organization, drive adoption of quality best practices, and propagate the quality mindset.
- Evaluate existing testing methodologies and suggest new ways to help the engineering organization to deliver high-quality software.
- Evaluate the application from the perspective of the customer.
- Design, develop, maintain, and extend automated quality mechanisms including performance, component, security, and user acceptance mechanisms.
- Monitor post-release metrics to identify and communicate defects.
What You Should Have
- Strong analytical skills and an out-of-the-box, solution-based thinker.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to document and inform other stakeholders on quality mechanisms and overall potential impact to the customer.
- Expert knowledge of software verification methodologies and software life cycle.
- Experience implementing full-stack automated verification mechanisms.
- A good sense of humor - we mention it 2x because we think it is important.
- Experience testing the performance, scalability, and security of web-based, RESTful, and multi-tiered applications.
- Experience with continuous integration and rapid deployment environment.
- Practical experience with Java or C# and writing SQL.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools, Unix and Unix tools.
- Smart. We want someone who has strong business acumen and can use logic along with data to make decisions
- An opinion. Be passionate about the industry and/or technology and willing to share what you think.
Even Better If You Have
- Experience working for a SaaS enterprise software company.
- Experience working in a high growth company.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a technical emphasis.
- A fun personality and team spirit.