Our client in Venice, CA is an early stage startup whose founders have worked together for over a decade. They're well educated, entrepreneurial and down to earth people with a previous track record of success in launching a successful startup, plus established tech brand experience. The company is seed funded by premier investors with plenty of run rate. This IS still an early stage company, so you have to be excited to join at this stage, and help build it from the ground up. You will be the first hire on the product team (reporting to a Head of Product with deep experience).
You will work closely with the CTO and Head of Design, along with a team of talented engineers. In the short term, you will be the driving force behind the launch of the initial product (external & internal). As the organization grows, you’ll have the opportunity to manage new verticals and help scale the product, team, and company.
· Own significant portions of customer and internal facing products
· Work closely with engineering, design, business, and marketing to define and build features, from conception to launch and beyond
· Navigate the complexities inherent in our product development, including regulatory compliance, thorny data sets, and contracting with vendors
· Handle the “day-to-day” of building a product (sprint planning, standups, etc.) along with planning and managing a long-term product roadmap
· Propose, monitor, and drive best-in-class performance on a core set of customer usage metrics
· 5-7 years of product management experience, ideally including at least one stint at an early stage startup
· Proficiency in building both internal and external facing websites and tools from the ground up
· Experience in delivering at least one data-intensive product from start to finish, preferably in a highly-regulated industry (e.g. healthcare, finance)
· Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
· Sense of humor and humility