Our client in Venice, CA is an early stage startup whose founders have worked together for over a decade. They're well educated, entrepreneurial and down to earth people with a previous track record of success in launching a successful startup, plus established tech brand experience. The company is seed funded by premier investors with plenty of run rate. This IS still an early stage company. You should be excited to join a small tight-knit team and help build it from the ground up.
You are the type & level of engineer who can hit the ground running writing code. This role will allow for a great deal of influence on all engineering and product decisions since the team is small (but growing steadily). The team is building the backend as an API that the front end consumes. Engineers design APIs and build scalable, reliable systems. Everything with the user in mind, of course, while collaborating closely with the product and design teams.
· Front-end: NodeJS / React / Sass
· Back-end: Python3 / Flask / Postgres
· Infrastructure: AWS / Ansible
· Design, build, and maintain reusable code
· Collaborate with team members to develop new features
· Participate in code and design reviews
- You know how to build software and like writing code
- 3+ years experience in software development; startup experience a big plus
- Experience with React in a production environment
- Bonus if prior work includes consumer-facing product
- BS or MS in Computer Science from a top school preferred, but a portfolio of great projects you've built is even better