Our client is an early stage startup with founders who’ve worked together for over a decade. They are well educated, entrepreneurial, and down to earth types with solid experience in launching successful startups and managing noteworthy tech brands. Located in Venice, CA.
We are helping our client build out a core team of engineers with folks who can hit the ground running writing code. Since this is an early stage company, the total team is still pretty small but almost half of them are engineers! This role will allow for a great deal of influence on all engineering and product decisions. They build their back-end as an API that the front end consumes. Engineers will design APIs and build scalable, reliable systems.
· Front-end: NodeJS / React / Sass
· Back-end: Python3 / Flask / Postgres
· Infrastructure: AWS / Ansible
· Design, build, and maintain reusable code
· Collaborate with team members to develop new features
· Participate in code and design reviews
· Solid experience with Python in a production environment
· Experience integrating with third-party APIs
· Practical knowledge of relational databases
· BS or MS in Computer Science from a top school preferred, but a portfolio of great projects you've built is even better.
· 3+ years experience in software development; startup experience a big plus!