Our client is a profitable and rapidly growing B2C company with a global reach (primarily Asia). The head of product is a very good friend of the firm. The company is looking for top talent across several divisions to take the existing technical platform and better scale it for rapid growth.
Among other data-related hires, we are looking for a Database Administrator. The ideal candidate enjoys and thrives in working with a variety of tools, languages, systems and architectures while building and improving features and the speed and reliability of the company’s software.
This is a very down to earth and resourceful culture, where ideas are encouraged. We're not looking for the sort of person who does the same thing over and over, or is typically waiting to be told what to do. If you enjoy solving problems proactively even when "nobody's watching" then you'll do great here. Sense of humor helps too - though not as a substitute for genuine skill.
As a Database Administrator, you will work closely with other engineers, architects and product managers with in the company to resolve questions, concerns, inconsistencies, or missing data. With rapid growth to almost 3 million new members this year, we are seeking experienced candidates who want to be a part of this exciting global expansion. This is a high-speed company breaking records daily, and we are looking for employees who value working in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a DBA or similar role with a DBA emphasis.
- Must have experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server (database backups, maintenance, monitoring).
· Primary responsibilities of this role would include: owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents
· Must be service oriented.
· Have a high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues
· Environment: MS SQL 2016/Amazon AWS RDS
· Ideal to be involved with the MSSQL Server Community and certifications.