Our client is located centrally in Los Angeles. Excellent culture and very solid engineering team that's growing based on rapid growing revenues and profitability. Our client's CTO is a good friend and talented leader with excellent technical abilities. It's a fun, employee-centric culture.
We are looking for an extremely talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer to be part of the core back-end team. You will solve business critical problems specifically related to payments and logistics. You will quickly understand, simplify and optimize processes. Efficiency and scalability are a priority, and you must have a reasonable depth of experience in developing products addressing these topics.
This is a subscription e-commerce company with lots of moving parts including gamification, AR, video content, and other fun stuff. Huge data, very analytics-driven.
The ideal engineer is flexible and pragmatic, choosing the right solution for the problem. You know how to prioritize your time and effort and have a strong sense of responsibility. You are comfortable taking the lead on projects, filling in loosely defined stories and requirements, and also good at being the side-kick and supporting your teammates. You are accountable for your code and your features, not afraid to ask questions to define the problem and solution.
You are intellectually curious about everything, and technology-wise, you keep up with the trends. No job is too big or too small for you , and you communicate well to let others know what the scope is like.
What You'll Do:
- Create rules engines and DSLs so that business rules can be easily adjusted by people outside the engineering team
- Create an efficient, scalable, and automated architecture to handle recurring billing, shipping rules and other logistics
- Design and develop clean, maintainable, and performant software
- Be an accountable teammate who leads by example
What You'll Bring:
- Experience building Rules Engines and DSLs
- 5+ years of experience creating object-oriented web services and applications (Java, C#, C++, Scala or Python). We're flexible on the tech you use, so long as the solution is elegant
- Strong understanding of software architecture, Linux systems, design patterns and relational databases
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Test-driven development experience
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Go or Node.js
- Experience with payments or billing systems
- Relevant e-commerce experience
- Experience with subscription businesses