Our client is located centrally in Los Angeles. Excellent culture and very solid engineering team that's growing based on rapid growing revenues and profitability. Our client's CTO is a good friend and talented leader with excellent technical abilities. It's a fun, employee-centric culture.
We are looking for an extremely talented and passionate Front End Developer to join the UX team.
This is a subscription e-commerce company with lots of moving parts including gamification, AR, video content, and other fun stuff. Huge data, very analytics-driven.
What you’ll be doing:
- Use clean, hand-coded, semantically correct HTML/CSS to create responsive, functional and appealing user-facing features on a variety of platforms.
- Provide ongoing website maintenance and improvements.
- Optimizing performance and usability through testing
- Optimizing and creating new examples on our CSS style guide, by working with our engineers and creative teams.
- Work with product managers and engineers to create fast, fun, and functional user-facing features for web and mobile-based platforms, including from high-fidelity mockups and rough wireframes.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and multitasking skills.
- Advise backend developers with coding and troubleshooting for front-end markup.
What you’ll bring:
- 2-5 years of recent hands-on coding
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Provide a portfolio or previous projects you’ve worked on
- Experience with building and launching at least one production web and mobile application or site.
- Experience with the latest in HTML and CSS across all major browsers.
- Familiarity with common design formats like Adobe Suite and Sketch
- Experience with common content management systems like Wordpress.
- Experience with working with standard web development processes and teams, including GitHub, and deployment.
- Understanding of layout best practices
- Familiarity with common ways to test across browsers and debug
- Design, UI, and UX experience is a big bonus.
- Design, UI, and UX experience
- Experience working with frameworks, libraries, languages, and technologies such as Bootstrap, Angular.js, Sass/LESS, React, jQuery
- Ability to work with APIs to dynamically update and display content.