Our client, based at 3rd St Promenade in lovely Santa Monica, is a VC-backed startup with a meaningful product and a stellar team that’s growing. The CTO has been a good relationship with our firm for years. The culture is positive and well balanced. The company is going through a rapid growth phase and will be announcing some significant achievements in the near future. This is an ideal time to join the team and be part of a very exciting & rewarding stage of development.
As an Engineer, you will play a critical role in architecture, development and code deployment, with a strong emphasis on building out scalable solutions on an AWS infrastructure.
The right candidate has a solid foundation in engineering, emphasis on clean code, happiest in a startup environment.
What’s in it for you:
- Great team
- Opportunity to learn and grow
- Clean codebase
- Catered lunches and other nice perks
- Building software that solves a real problem
- Design, develop and architect a SaaS platform
- Build and maintain a REST API
- Provide mentoring to other developers
- Participate and drive code review sessions
- Recommend improvements to infrastructure, technology and processes
- Prototype experimental features and evaluate new technologies
- Expert knowledge of full stack web development with a strong emphasis on backend (Python, PHP, node.JS, Ruby, or Java)
- MySQL or other relational database experience, including schema design and optimization
- Knowledge of frontend coding, including JS, SASS/SCSS/LESS and responsive web design
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony, React, Angular, Flask, Django, etc.
- Enjoys working in a fun, casual environment