- Looking for an engineering manager who will be responsible for day-to-day work direction for two (remote, 80% US-based) 4-5 person teams:
- Spiking development on architectural approaches
- Overseeing database schema and API design
- Spec’ing stories for Kanban backlogs for both teams
- Participating in standups + facilitating backlog grooming
- Helping with general light devops and problem-solving for the teams
- Splitting responsibility for interfacing with client technical teams along with the CTO: lots of API/SDK integration analysis, troubleshooting, etc.
- Partial remote culture; candidates MUST be local to Los Angeles
- The role is client-facing with around 30% coding: client contacts will generally be a mix of product managers, engineering managers and IC developers, so this person needs to be comfortable communicating technical details both verbally and in writing
A typical work pattern is design and development of big JS SPAs (React or Angular) for enterprise clients over a 4-12 month period, often coupled with development of Node.js GraphQL APIs as a midtier interface with complex existing systems. Given a choice, I’d lean more toward someone with heavier “backend” background, but they should be comfortable with modern UI development concepts and tools.