Our client is a close relationship and a premiere Y-combinator graduate with solid funding and clientele. We are looking for a full-stack web developer to join the Product Engineering team in Downtown Los Angeles. The ideal candidate is capable of acting in a lead role (but is not a director stepping down to lead level, because it's still a very hands on role). This is a meaningful product solving very real problems that will favorably impact humanity. The team is highly intelligent, with backgrounds from some of the best technology companies in the world. They're also very down to earth and collaborative. You need to be the best at what you do, but have no ego about it.
Everyone in this company cares about the work they do, and about how that work furthers our vision of a world in which data can be leveraged into effective action. It also comes with opportunities: they learn from each other, everyone’s opinion is valued, and enjoy a dynamic, collaborative approach to developing the product.
* Worked professionally as a full-stack developer with a very solid understanding of JS and UI principles. React is preferred, but Angular is also acceptable. On the backend, Ruby on Rails is preferred, but any other open source such as Java or Python/Django is acceptable.
* Mastered the basics of computer science - we won’t ask you to invert a binary tree on a whiteboard, but you should know your way around more than just the basics.
* Demonstrated an ability and willingness to learn new programming languages and technologies as the situation requires.
* Experience developing for mobile with Ionic or (preferably) React Native.
* Familiarity with SQL, specifically MySQL and Postgres.
* Experience with Java servlets.