Our client is one of our oldest/deepest relationships with Apex. We placed their president over a decade ago and have actively supported the company's growth and continued success over the years, in many ways.
Our client is a leading provider of proprietary big-data based analytics and predictive modeling driven health management services for health plans. They lead the health care industry in improving health and reducing claims costs for health plan members with behavioral health (BH) disorders that cause or exacerbate co-existing medical conditions. This is a publicly traded company with an established team and client base, with over 100 employees.
This company harnesses proprietary big data predictive analytics and artificial intelligence combined with human intervention, to deliver improved member health and cost savings to health plans through integrated technology enabled treatment solutions. It is their mission to provide access to affordable and effective care, thereby improving health and reducing cost of care; helping these people and their families achieve and maintain better lives. You can feel good about this product.
We are looking for a CTO to be a key member of the executive team and partner on both delivering the vision for the company, as well as help develop the long-term vision as they move more heavily into the digital/technology space. This person will have full responsibility for the technical vision and implementation, data architecture, application development, technology infrastructure (including big data environments and normal infrastructure) and technological delivery.
The ideal candidate is a “player coach”. This person will supervise a small and growing team of internal and external resources, and be a hands on contributor. However this is NOT a coding job with a fancy title: we need a true CTO. The ideal candidate has worked in startups but also has bigger company experience or vision, so they will have the ability to transition to a leader/coach of a larger team as the company continues to grow. The existing technical team includes a Chief Data Scientist and a VP Technology, plus management. This is the first true visionary + tactical CTO hire, taking the company to its next level of success.
· Strong leadership and communication skills
· Strategic approach and long-term technology vision
· Healthtech startup or consumer facing web or app experience
· Experience with or in a big data/algorithm/AI environment, especially implementation of algorithms and other technology developed by a data science team into the production environment.
· Experience overseeing internal application development, especially with external vendor teams.
· Experience with architecting technology solutions (big and small), including using third party solutions as part of a larger integrated solution in a fast changing, resource constrained environment.
· Experience with data security and transaction security preferably in a regulated environment (healthcare or financial services)
· Experience is more important than education; however, candidates from top universities with technical degrees are preferred.
· Startup experience is essential; public company experience is not required but useful.
REMOTE OPTION OR RELOCATION, though local candidates are preferred. Any non-local candidate would need to frequently travel to Los Angeles, since this is a leadership position.