Our client in the San Fernando Valley is conveniently located near the freeway and easily accessible from West LA, East Side, Downtown LA or Conejo Valley (plus very high quality of life! balanced work hours). This is an established and stable fintech company with excellent leadership and positive work culture, full of innovation and open to your ideas.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Lead will lead the team responsible for manual and automated testing efforts. You will be working hands-on with engineering and product management teams to ensure that the feature development and enhancements to our applications meet high quality standards from a business & functional perspective. To be effective in this role you will need an extensive QA background (both manual and automated preferred), and leadership experience, an understanding of QA best practices, and a desire to collaborate across teams and products. This is a great opportunity for the right leader to make their mark and set the direction for how QA is handled here.
• Act as a player, coach, and coordinator of a team of QA professionals, with both functional and automated testing backgrounds.
• Be the voice for quality, and ensure our products and deliverables are thoroughly tested before release
• Collaborate with Technical Managers and Team Leads throughout the organization to understand their projects and their needs.
• Establish an efficient feedback loop between the QA team and our development teams to ensure our QA staff is effectively utilized while meeting the expectations of the delivery team.
• Grow our testing automation strategy and work with other leaders across the company to establish best practices.
• Advocate for ongoing release process improvements with our Technical Managers and DevOps
• Create, review and approve test plans including scope, test methodology and test case identification
• Provide ongoing metrics around testing and quality
• Develop and maintain an in-depth working knowledge of the business side
• Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be used to strengthen our technology platform and QA practices.
• 5+ years of Quality Assurance experience in a fast-paced online environment
• 2+ years of experience as a QA Lead, with a minimum of 2 direct reports preferred
• BS in Computer Science, related degrees, or equivalent experience
• Extremely attentive to details, analytical, and process oriented.
• Advanced experience with testing automation architectures and tools such as TestNG, Selenium, JMeter and QTP
• Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo Deep, understanding of Agile and SDLC, and how Quality Assurance processes fit in
• Experience with relational databases, SQL and the ability to do some data QA and analysis is a plus
• A solid understanding of website infrastructure - e.g., you know what caching is.
• Excellent with cross-functional communication & influencing skills